By Maddie Miller
Marketing is a crucial part of any house sale and can help dictate the price that you end up selling for. Here are my top tips on getting the marketing right:
- Make sure the photos are up to scratch. This is your first opportunity to really “sell” your property. If the photos are no good, the buyers will not be tempted to come and view.
- Choose a few photos to represent your home rather than putting 3 photos of every room up to show every angle. If buyers can see too much online, they don’t need to view, and your estate agent will not get the chance to sell to them.
- Advertise your house in the right places. There are 3 major property portals: Rightmove, Zoopla and OntheMarket and most agents will advertise on 2 of these.
- Let the agent put a board up. I know that everybody hates estate agency boards, but if someone is viewing the house over the road, it is a perfect way to get them to spot your house too.
- And finally… get the price right! Always get three valuations and don’t be swayed by the suggestion of a high asking price. Try not to think about the price you would like to achieve. The market will dictate, but a good agent can help to push the price. Bear in mind that the price needs to tempt buyers through your door in the first place.
As always, if you are unsure about any of the advice above, please give me a call and I will happily pop over and help you work it out.